This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Date of Last Revision: July 11, 2011.
Terms Of Service
This Terms Of Service ("Statement") derives from the Transpals, LLC principles, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Transpals, LLC, By using or accessing Transpals, you agree to this Statement.
2.Sharing Your Content and Information
1.You own all of the content and information you post on Transpals, LLC, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition: 1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Transpals, LLC ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
4. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Transpals, LLC, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Transpals, LLC but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
1.We do our best to keepTranspals, LLC safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments: 1. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Transpals, LLC.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise accessTranspals, LLC , using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Transpals, LLC.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will follow our guidlines and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on Transpals, LLC.
10. You will not use Transpals, LLC to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Transpals, LLC, such as a denial of service attack.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
4.Registration and Account Security
1.Tranpals, LLC users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
2. You will not provide any false personal information on Transpals, LLC, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
3. You will not create more than one personal profile.
4. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
5. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
6. You will not use Transpals, LLC if you are under 13.
7. You will not use Transpals, LLC if you are a convicted sex offender.
8. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
9. You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
10. You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
11. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5.Protecting Other People's Rights
1. We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same. 1. You will not post content or take any action on Transpals, LLC that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Transpals, LLC if we believe that it violates this Statement.
3. We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights.
4. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
5. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Transpals or LinkLogis), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
8. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Transpals, LLC.
9. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
2. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Transpals, LLC within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
3. You provide all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their contact lists with any basic information and contact information that is visible to them on Transpals, LLC, as well as your name and profile picture.
7.Payments and Deals
1. If you make a payment on Transpals, LLC or use Transpals, LLC Credits, you agree to our payment terms.
8.Special Provisions Applicable to Share Links
1.If you include our Share Link button on your website, the following additional terms apply to you:
9. We give you permission to use Transpals, LLC Share Link button so that users can post links or content from your website on Transpals, LLC.
1. You give us permission to use and allow others to use such links and content on Transpals, LLC.
2. You will not place a Share Link button on any page containing content that would violate this Statement if posted on Transpals, LLC.
1.Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
1.You can target your specific audience by buying ads on Transpals, LLC or our publisher network. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal ("Order"):
2. When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
3. In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
4. You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our payment terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
5. Your ads will comply with our advertising guidelines.
6. We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
7. We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
8. We cannot control how people interact with your ads, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of running ads. We do, however, have systems to detect and filter certain suspicious activity.
9. You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for those ads.
10. Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
11. We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
12. You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Transpals, LLC without written permission.
13. We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
14. If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, we need to make sure you have permission to place those ads, including the following:
1. You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
2. You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
15.Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
1. If you create or administer a Page on Transpals, LLC, you agree to our page terms.
1. We can change this Statement if we provide you notice and an opportunity to comment. To get notice of any future changes to this Statement, visit our Transpals Site Page and become a fan.
17. For changes to sections 7, 8, 9, and 11 (sections relating to payments, application developers, website operators, and advertisers), we will give you a minimum of three days notice. For all other changes we will give you a minimum of seven days notice. All such comments must be made on the Transpal Site Page.
18. If more than 7,000 users comment on the proposed change, we will also give you the opportunity to participate in a vote in which you will be provided alternatives. The vote shall be binding on us if more than 30% of all active registered users as of the date of the notice vote.
19. We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
1.If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Facebook to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate.
23. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Transpals, LLC exclusively in a state or federal court located in Pulaski County. The laws of the State of Arkansas will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Pulaski County, Arkansas for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
24. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Transpals, LLC, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
25. WE TRY TO KEEP TRANSPALS, LLC UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING TRANSPALS,LLC "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT TRANSPALS,LLC WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. TRANSPALS,LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
26.Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users outside the United States:
27. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
28. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Transpals, LLC(such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website.
29. Certain specific terms may apply to other countries.
31. By "Transpals, LLC" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.transpals.com and any other Transpals, LLC branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the like button, the share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
32. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Transpals, LLC or provide data to us.
33. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
34. By "content" we mean anything you post on Transpals, LLC that would not be included in the definition of "information."
35. By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Transpals, LLC or provide to Transpals, LLC through Platform.
36. By "post" we mean post on Transpals, LLC or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
37. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
38. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into Transpals, LLC at least once in the previous 30 days.
39. By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
41. If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and Transpals, LLC.
42. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regardingTranspals, LLC, and supersedes any prior agreements.
43. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
44. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
45. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
46. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
47. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
48. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
49. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
50. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Transpals, LLC.